Smyrna Recycling Center
The Smyrna Recycling Center is available for all of your recycling needs. Please note their new address below.
Keep Smyrna Beautiful asks for your assistance in making sure all unnecessary items stay out of the landfill. In order to make sure the Smyrna recycling program is successful, please use the following guidelines:
They accept the following donations for recycling:
- ALUMINUM BEVERAGE CANS
- ALUMINUM, NON-BEVERAGE — aluminum foil, pie tins, gutters, etc. (these go in the ‘mixed metal’ bin)
- ANTI-FREEZE, USED
- BATTERIES, RECHARGEABLE — No alkaline or single-use batteries accepted
- BATTERIES, VEHICLE – lead-acid auto, boat, motorcycle batteries, etc.
- BOOKS – hardcover, paperback, encyclopedias, textbooks
- CARDBOARD – chipboard, pasteboard, corrugated boxes; ALL MUST BE FLAT
- CELL PHONES– working or non-working
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
- COOKING OIL, USED
- CORDS, CABLES, WIRES
- ELECTRONICS, ALL TYPES – TELEVISIONS REQUIRE A $10 FEE
- FABRICS – clothing, sheets, towels, blankets, pillows, drapes — all must be in closed plastic bags
- FERROUS METALS and ALL-METAL APPLIANCES such as washers, dryers, stoves, water heaters (No dishwashers, unless all-metal). APPLIANCES CONTAINING COOLANT REQUIRE A $35 FEE.
- FLAGS – We collect old American flags for a proper ceremonial disposal
- GLASS JARS AND BOTTLES ONLY – color-separated. NO OTHER GLASS IS ACCEPTED – drinkware, vases, cookware, ashtrays, Pyrex, windows, mirrors, candles, etc. are NOT accepted.
- INK-JET CARTRIDGES, TONER CARTRIDGES
- MOTOR OIL, USED
- PAPER, ALL TYPES – junk mail, newspapers, magazines, office paper, shredded paper, paper bags, etc.
- PLASTICS – clean #1 and #2 plastic containers only. No large rigid plastics (such as toys, buckets, garbage cans)
- PLASTIC SIX-PACK RINGS
- PLASTIC BAGS – grocery bags, shopping bags, newspaper sleeves, dry-cleaning bags, product wrap – all bags must be clean and dry. No food bags, shower curtains, tablecloths, mulch bags, pet food bags, bird seed bags, etc.
- SHOES – athletic shoes in any condition; all other shoes should be in wearable condition and in pairs
- STAINLESS STEEL
- STYROFOAM only clean, white #6 EPS molded blocks; no food packaging. All EPS must be clean & free of stickers, tape, etc.
They do not accept:
Glass other than jars & bottles, #3 thru #7 plastics, large rigid plastics (toys, buckets, garbage cans, etc.), tires, propane tanks, mercury-containing devices (except fluorescent bulbs), paint, child car seats, alkaline or single-use batteries, Styrofoam food packaging, liquids other than cooking oil/motor oil/anti-freeze, dishwashers unless all-metal, wood of any kind, furniture unless all-metal, plastic shower curtains, plastic tablecloths, plastic food packaging, medical waste, construction waste, mattresses, toilets, hazardous or toxic materials, Christmas trees, yard waste or trash of any kind.
Address: 3475 Lake Drive, Smyrna, GA 30082 (Directions)
Phone: Call them at 770-431-2869 for information on where to recycle / dispose of other materials.
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday 8am – 4pm; Thursday 12pm – 8pm (closed Sunday & Monday)