Tomato season is upon us and South City Kitchen Vinings (SCKV) is celebrating with nine days of TomatoJam!
Beginning Thursday, August 7th, and running through Saturday, August 16th, South City Kitchen Vinings will offer an exclusive tomato-centric menu in addition to the regular dinner menu so you can eat all the tomatoes or just a few.
• Sliced Heirlooms with preserved lemon and real mayonnaise
• Grilled Cheese & Tomato Sandwich with Sweet Grass Dairy Gouda, chilled green tomato soup, and sherry vinegar cucumbers
• Tomato Saffron Risotto with toasted almonds, Benton’s country ham, herb salad, and tomato water
• Yellow Tomato Gazpacho with Gulf crab and avocado salad
• Georges Bank Scallops with boiled peanut puree, ramp pesto, and pickled mustard seed and tomato relish
• Watermelon & Heirloom Salad with field arugula, sheep’s milk feta, red wine vinegar, Georgia olive oil, and Bulls Bay sea salt
• Pearson Farm Peach Panzanella with torn pain levain, fresh mozzarella, baby kale, candied pistachios, and basil-mint vinaigrette
• Pepper Smoked Salmon Croquette with okra succotash and creamy bourbon cocktail sauce
• Extremely Lower “Manhattan” Chowder with Sapelo Island clams, fingerling potatoes, pork belly, and tomato broth
• Tomato Pie with breakfast radishes, arugula salad, and crème fraiche
• Grilled Venison Medallions with hen-of-the-woods mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, Tuscan kale, and pickled cherry jus
• Pan-Seared Pompano with onion tomato salsa, avocado, potato puree, and preserved lemon oil
• Southeast Family Farms NY Strip with heirloom Arribiatta, cippolini, broccoli rabe, and fingerling potatoes
• Lamb Chops with smoked onion puree, summer squash ratatouille, and green tomato salsa verde
• Skate Wing with tomato confit, farro, zucchini, and Shandy brown butter
• Grilled Flat Iron with roasted sweet potato, curried tomatoes and green beans, and bacon and garlic scape butter
Reservations for TomatoJam are available at 770.435.0700 or www.southcitykitchen.com/vinings.